Regent Sally Holcombe received notification, Wednesday, February 6th, that Lake Tahoe Chapter is now official chartered in the city of South Lake Tahoe, CA. The newest chapter in District II, the chapter has 17 organizing members and nine members-at-large who are in the process of being move to the chapter roster as charter members. Fifteen of the 26-member group are new DAR members; four are Junior members. The chapter has 36 wonderful associate members and we are very grateful for their support.
Lake Tahoe Chapter will serve the communities surrounding beautiful Lake Tahoe. Even before its formal organization, the chapter membership became active in its service mission:
- Conducting a survey of the Al Tahoe Historic Cemetery (an abandoned pioneer cemetery) with the purpose of overseeing future restoration.
- Donating to DAR fire relief with gift cards, coupons and monetary donations.
- Meeting with local college officials to plan service targeting homeless students and veterans on campus.
- Planning a celebration to honor a local newly-naturalized U.S citizen.
- Making arrangements to march in the South Lake Tahoe 4th of July Parade.
- Participating in the July 5th city-wide beach cleanup.
The other chapter officers are: Vice Regent Rosemary Manning (new member), Chaplain Dawn Hill (new member), Secretary Shari Bera (new member), Treasurer Laura Trimberger, Registrar Gloria Gibbel, Historian/Librarian Audrey Langmayer (new member) and appointed Parliamentarian Shelby Kolstad (new member). The chapter meets on the third Thursday evening of the month, August-May, excluding December.
Regent, Lake Tahoe Chapter, NSDAR (8-211 CA)