Important Information – MAL Applications in California
Member-At-Large (MAL) Applications completed in California for new members who wish to hold this type of membership in DAR are handled in a special way in California. Please review the following California procedures and share these with chapter members who are working on MAL applications for prospective members. If chapter regents are aware of MAL members in their area who are preparing MAL applications, please share this information with them.
1. All MAL applications are to be sent to the California MAL Chair for review to make sure everything is in order before the State Regent signs the application, and before it can be mailed to NSDAR. This helps ensure that the MAL application will not be returned by NSDAR because something is missing or incorrect.
2. A check needs to be sent along with the application with the correct fees. Contact the MAL Chair if you are not sure what those are.
3. IMPORTANT: The MAL APPLICATION MUST BE SENT WITH PRE-ADDRESSED ENVELOPES WITH CORRECT POSTAGE for each stage in the process.
- An envelope addressed to the State Regent with pre-paid postage from the MAL Chair’s house to the State Regent’s house.
- An additional envelope addressed to the Organizing Secretary General’s Office with prepaid postage from the State Regent’s house to NSDAR.
- Do not send MAL applications to State Headquarters. It could be weeks until those are received by the MAL Chair.
- Do not send MAL applications in manner where a signature is required by the postal service, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Keep copies of everything sent in case it gets lost in the mail.
The California MAL Chair is Virginia Rood, email@example.com. Her address and phone number can be found in the online State Directory.
The State Regent’s contact information is in the State Directory. Please address envelopes to the current State Regent Debbie Jamison. After June 30th, envelopes should be addressed to Carol Jackson. She will officially take office on Sunday afternoon, June 30.
The Organizing Secretary General’s Office address is: Organizing Secretary General, NSDAR, 1776 D St NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303
To all members who prepare MAL applications, we thank you for the work you do and for following the procedures listed here.
Please send questions to the MAL Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.