GRAND HYATT HOTEL INFORMATION: The official DAR hotel for the 124th Continental Congress is the Grand Hyatt, located at 1000 H St NW, Washington, DC. Reservations open on Sunday, October 20, 2013, at 1:00 p.m.,Pacific Standard Time.
The rates for single/double are $220 per night plus tax; triple/quad $245 plus tax. To make reservations, you must utilize the Passkey reservation system at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/daughtersamrevolution. It is also possible to make reservations by phone, (888) 421-1442. Do not call the Grand Hyatt front desk or the Grand Hyatt reservations line, as reservations made directly through the hotel are not guaranteed the DAR rate. For more information, go to the DAR Member’s website – http://members.dar.org/content/announcements/?ID=1699
JW MARRIOTT HOTEL INFORMATION The State Society has secured a block of rooms at the JW Marriott Hotel during the week of the 124th Continental Congress, June 25-29, 2014.
The California Congressional Tea will be held at the JW Marriott Hotel, Ballroom, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. More information about this event will be published in the future.
If you wish to stay at the JW, you can begin reserving rooms on October 20th, at any time on that date.
The California room block is available from Saturday, June 21 through Monday, June 29, 2014. If you wish to stay on other dates, the California rate is not available.
Reservations close February 3, 2014. Any unused rooms will be released to the hotel and no more rooms will be available for reservation. This room block may be used up very quickly, so it is advised you make a reservation now, and cancel it later if you decide not to attend Congress.
Please note: National Defense Night has been moved to Saturday night. Consider staying for this amazing evening when making your reservations.
1. You can book at the JW by phone or via Passkey.
• The phone number is (202) 393-2000; ask for the California State Congressional Tea 2014 rate
• PASSKEY: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/ca2014darwasjw – this takes you right to our block – no password needed
Make sure you list your roommate on your reservation so we have a complete list of those staying at the JW.
2. Room rates – all will have 14.5% tax added • Single: $199 • Double: $199 • Triple: $219 • Quads: $239 • Guaranteed City View Rooms: $239
3. Concierge Lounge is closed starting on Friday.
4. The room block is NOT open to non-California DAR members. Please do not share reservation information with anyone out-of-state. The room list will be reviewed periodically to make sure that those listed are California members.
5. Your first room night will be charged to your credit card. This will be refunded if you cancel by the deadline.
6. CANCELLATION DEADLINE: By 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time day of arrival.
7. If you have to cancel your trip, please let the state regent know so we can see if anyone needs your room.
8. If you are unable to get a room, please contact the state regent so she can see if the hotel will release more rooms.
We had 345 California Daughters attend Congress in 2013. It would be wonderful to have that many or more attend next year!